Kaboom! Peanuts
Tim Chow
2012-08-05 18:44:56 UTC
Does anyone know what's happening with the Kaboom! Peanuts series? I
have the volumes up through volume 4 but it seems like it's been a
long time since #4 came out and I haven't seen #5 at my local comic
store. Is #5 already out and I just don't know about it?

---
Tim Chow
Tim Chow
2012-08-07 22:53:29 UTC
Does anyone know what's happening with the Kaboom! Peanuts series?  I
have the volumes up through volume 4 but it seems like it's been a
long time since #4 came out and I haven't seen #5 at my local comic
store.  Is #5 already out and I just don't know about it?
I learned from Nat Gertler's blog that volume 4 is the final issue in
this series but that a new series (starting over again at #1) is
starting up.

http://aaugh.com/wordpress/2012/05/peanuts-free-comic-book-day-edition/

http://aaugh.com/wordpress/2012/07/more-peanuts-comic-books-en-route/

---
Tim Chow
Tim Chow
2012-09-25 23:45:15 UTC
Post by Tim Chow
Does anyone know what's happening with the Kaboom! Peanuts series?  I
have the volumes up through volume 4 but it seems like it's been a
long time since #4 came out and I haven't seen #5 at my local comic
store.  Is #5 already out and I just don't know about it?
I learned from Nat Gertler's blog that volume 4 is the final issue in
this series but that a new series (starting over again at #1) is
starting up.
Just stopped by the local comic book shop this past weekend and picked
up #1 and #2 of the new series. The stories aren't bad, but every
time I read something like this, I get a renewed appreciation for that
je ne sais quoi that Schulz managed to endow his characters with, even
in his weaker years. Somehow, when someone else writes a Peanuts
story, only the most obvious superficial traits of the characters come
into play, and the reader doesn't get that wonderful glimpse into
their souls that Schulz was able to provide.

---
Tim Chow