New book - the Peanuts Collection
Nat G
2010-10-25 04:37:39 UTC
My new book, The Peanuts Collection, is going to be officially
released tomorrow (Monday). We worked hard to make it a keen book for
the Peanuts fan - it's a full-color slipcased hardcover filled not
only with photos and drawings, but with removable and tipped-in
interactive items, reproductions of things like Schulz drawings,
correspondence, stickers, trading cards, and booklets - there's the
Peanuts-decorated booklet given to Ford Falcon owners in the 1960s,
there's the US government-published Happiness is an Eye Patch, and
even The Peanuts Book of Pumpkin Carols. The book is excerpted in the
latest issue of American Heritage, and has been drawing very strong
reviews, including being this week Top Pick for books according to the
Christian Science Monitor. For such a fancy book, the price is nice at
$35. It should be at all the major bookstores; if you want to order it
online, you'll find the links at http://aaugh.com/wordpress/?p=1237
t***@lsa.umich.edu
2010-10-25 14:40:07 UTC
Post by Nat G
My new book, The Peanuts Collection, is going to be officially
released tomorrow (Monday).
I got my copy last week and I also saw it in Barnes and Noble yesterday.
For anyone who needs convincing, I will say that this is a fantastic book.
This is the best thing to happen to the Peanuts collector since the debut
of The Complete Peanuts. The enclosed reproductions of rare Peanuts items
are especially nice.

The only complaint I have is that some pictured items are not labeled.
Perhaps Nat felt that they were self-explanatory, but I would have preferred
some label for all items. But this is a small blemish on an otherwise
magnificent volume.
--
Tim Chow tchow-at-alum-dot-mit-dot-edu
The range of our projectiles---even ... the artillery---however great, will
the center of the earth. ---Galileo, Dialogues Concerning Two New Sciences
Paul Jamison
2010-10-25 16:42:37 UTC
In article
Post by Nat G
My new book, The Peanuts Collection, is going to be officially
released tomorrow (Monday).
I got my copy last week and I also saw it in Barnes and Noble yesterday.
For anyone who needs convincing, I will say that this is a fantastic book.
This is the best thing to happen to the Peanuts collector since the debut
of The Complete Peanuts. The enclosed reproductions of rare Peanuts items
are especially nice.
The only complaint I have is that some pictured items are not labeled.
Perhaps Nat felt that they were self-explanatory, but I would have preferred
some label for all items. But this is a small blemish on an otherwise
magnificent volume.
I agree with this post. I had no idea when I ordered it that this volume
included removable reproductions so that was a nice surprise. Thank you,
Nat!

Paul
Nat G
2010-10-25 23:18:24 UTC
Tim, Paul -

Thanks for the kind words. This book was a lot of work -- a lot of it
not mine, in that there were enthusiastic editorial, layout, and
graphics folks on board - and I'm glad that it's appreciated!

(Now let's see if I can talk them into a sequel...)

--Nat
Paul Jamison

Paul
angelolady
2010-10-30 02:36:07 UTC
Post by Nat G
My new book, The Peanuts Collection, is going to be officially
released tomorrow (Monday). We worked hard to make it a keen book for
the Peanuts fan -
Everybody needs this book. Congratualtions, Nat--it's special.

Rhonda
Nat G
2010-10-31 05:05:18 UTC
Everybody needs this book.  Congratualtions, Nat--it's special.
Rhonda
Glad you liked it!