Catch the ball, Lucy, and you'll be the hero!
Eric Python
2015-10-18 17:36:55 UTC
Does anyone remember the following Peanuts strip?

Lucy is running backwards to catch a baseball, and Charlie Brown says,
"Catch the ball, Lucy, and you'll be the hero!"

Lucy turns away from the ball to confront Charlie Brown about his
grammar. "Heroine!" she says, and at that very instant the ball lands
on the ground behind her. "Hero is male, heroine is female."

She then turns around again, holding out her hands to catch the ball
which she doesn't realize is already on the ground, and says, "When I
catch the ball, I'll be the heroine."

Can anyone please tell me the date of that strip? If not, can you give
me the approximate year, and maybe once I have it narrowed down I can
find it in one of the "Complete Peanuts" book collections.
Tim Chow
2015-10-22 22:53:57 UTC
Post by Eric Python
Does anyone remember the following Peanuts strip?
Lucy is running backwards to catch a baseball, and Charlie Brown says,
"Catch the ball, Lucy, and you'll be the hero!"
Sorry, I don't check this newsgroup very often any more. June 26, 1977.

http://www.gocomics.com/peanuts/1977/06/26

---
Tim Chow
Eric Python