Early Peanuts promos
D.D.Degg
2010-07-06 22:54:41 UTC
Some early (the earliest?) newspaper promos from
United Features for their new comic strip.
http://www.rosebudarchives.com/wp/blog/from-so-humble-a-beginning/

D.D.Degg ( hat tip: http://mikelynchcartoons.blogspot.com/ )
Covenant
2010-07-06 23:57:14 UTC
Post by D.D.Degg
Some early (the earliest?) newspaper promos from
United Features for their new comic strip.
http://www.rosebudarchives.com/wp/blog/from-so-humble-a-beginning/
D.D.Degg ( hat tip: http://mikelynchcartoons.blogspot.com/ )
Brilliant!

Thanks for that !
--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
Jim Ellwanger
2010-07-10 02:25:49 UTC
In article
Post by D.D.Degg
Some early (the earliest?) newspaper promos from
United Features for their new comic strip.
http://www.rosebudarchives.com/wp/blog/from-so-humble-a-beginning/
These can't literally be the earliest, since they're specifically for
the Sunday "Peanuts," which began January 6, 1952.

But I think they reused at least some of the artwork from earlier
promotions -- I think I've at least seen that "Watch Out for Children"
ad in conjunction with the debut of the daily strip.
--
Jim Ellwanger <***@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv> welcomes you daily.
"The days turn into nights; at night, you hear the trains."
D.D.Degg
2010-07-10 20:21:13 UTC
Post by D.D.Degg
Some early (the earliest?) newspaper promos from...
http://www.rosebudarchives.com/wp/blog/from-so-humble-a-beginning/
These can't literally be the earliest, since they're specifically for
the Sunday "Peanuts," which began January 6, 1952.
You're right. I forgot to put "Sunday" in that intro.
Post by D.D.Degg
But I think they reused at least some of the artwork from earlier
promotions -- I think I've at least seen that "Watch Out for Children"
ad in conjunction with the debut of the daily strip.
And you're right again as they post some another promo page,
this time I think it is for the earlier daily debut.
http://www.rosebudarchives.com/wp/blog/wherefore-art-though-peanuts/

D.D.Degg