Peggy Jean question
Dave Carey
2010-08-07 17:07:47 UTC
Hi

Apart from 'Peanuts: A Golden Celebration', I was wondering whether any of
the reprint collections currently available show the sequence from August
1990 where Charlie Brown meets Peggy Jean?

Dave
There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com
t***@lsa.umich.edu
2010-08-07 17:32:48 UTC
Post by Dave Carey
Apart from 'Peanuts: A Golden Celebration', I was wondering whether any of
the reprint collections currently available show the sequence from August
1990 where Charlie Brown meets Peggy Jean?
I haven't been keeping up with all the latest reprint collections (besides
The Complete Peanuts of course) so I can't say for sure, but as far as I
know, none of the classic collections reprinted this sequence. I have some
books I bought in Hong Kong (of all places) that covered this period, but
the time period between "Make Way for the King of the Jungle" and "Now
That's Profound, Charlie Brown" is otherwise an annoying black hole that
is unlikely to be filled in until The Complete Peanuts makes its way to
that time period.

Having said that, the strips were reprinted in some newspapers in August
2004 so you may be able to find them that way.
--
Tim Chow tchow-at-alum-dot-mit-dot-edu
The range of our projectiles---even ... the artillery---however great, will
the center of the earth. ---Galileo, Dialogues Concerning Two New Sciences
D.D.Degg
2010-08-08 20:48:47 UTC
Post by t***@lsa.umich.edu
Post by Dave Carey
Apart from 'Peanuts: A Golden Celebration', I was wondering whether any of
the reprint collections currently available show the sequence from August
1990 where Charlie Brown meets Peggy Jean?
Having said that, the strips were reprinted in some newspapers in August
2004 so you may be able to find them that way.
They are available, with a bit of searching through Google News.

Here's The Victoria Advocate for August 1990
which reproduces the strips in a pretty good fashion.
http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=victoria+advocate&scoring=a&hl=en&ned=us&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=1990/08&as_hdate=1990/08&lnav=hist7
or http://tinyurl.com/26f7pg3

Scrolling and searching for the the various dates and then clicking
through the newspaper pages gets you to their comics page which
carries Peanuts at the top.

One of the most famous samples of the sequence would be
August 10
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=6ukcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9lgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5165,2000494&dq=victoria+advocate&hl=en

At the top of the page one can get to the July 1990 editions
where Peggy Jean first appeared.

D.D.Degg
Jim Ellwanger
2010-08-10 01:53:06 UTC
In article
Post by D.D.Degg
Post by t***@lsa.umich.edu
Post by Dave Carey
Apart from 'Peanuts: A Golden Celebration', I was wondering whether any of
the reprint collections currently available show the sequence from August
1990 where Charlie Brown meets Peggy Jean?
Having said that, the strips were reprinted in some newspapers in August
2004 so you may be able to find them that way.
They are available, with a bit of searching through Google News.
Or if you want to see them in a slightly less complicated manner...

Start here and use the arrow next to the date above the strip to go
forward:
http://comics.com/peanuts/1990-07-23/
--
Jim Ellwanger <***@ellwanger.tv>