Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown
Ubiquitous
2011-03-27 00:25:07 UTC
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."
Anim8rFSK
2011-03-27 06:49:09 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March
http://youtu.be/yC2v0i0uaAI
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"
Ubiquitous
2011-03-27 23:59:32 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March
http://youtu.be/yC2v0i0uaAI
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
Interesting. I never knew that before now.
--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."
Anim8rFSK
2011-03-28 03:34:22 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March
http://youtu.be/yC2v0i0uaAI
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
Interesting. I never knew that before now.
Yeah. Schulz gave an interview when he knew he was dying and said there
wouldn't be any more specials after he was gone, and Melendez, who was
there, said he'd go on making 'em anyway. Rat bastard.
--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"
Ubiquitous
2011-03-28 09:34:14 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March
http://youtu.be/yC2v0i0uaAI
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
Interesting. I never knew that before now.
Yeah. Schulz gave an interview when he knew he was dying and said there
wouldn't be any more specials after he was gone, and Melendez, who was
there, said he'd go on making 'em anyway. Rat bastard.
Wow, what an asshole. He said that in the same room?
--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."
Hunter (Hunter)
2011-03-28 14:40:16 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March
http://youtu.be/yC2v0i0uaAI
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
Interesting. I never knew that before now.
Yeah. Schulz gave an interview when he knew he was dying and said there
wouldn't be any more specials after he was gone, and Melendez, who was
there, said he'd go on making 'em anyway. Rat bastard.
Wow, what an asshole. He said that in the same room?
-----
I have to point out that this is un sourced.

------>Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907
Anim8rFSK
2011-03-28 22:32:34 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March
http://youtu.be/yC2v0i0uaAI
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
Interesting. I never knew that before now.
Yeah. Schulz gave an interview when he knew he was dying and said there
wouldn't be any more specials after he was gone, and Melendez, who was
there, said he'd go on making 'em anyway. Rat bastard.
Wow, what an asshole. He said that in the same room?
He said it in the same interview; IIRC I read it, and it was the same
conversation. He could have been on a speaker phone I suppose, but he
said it so Schulz heard, which I think answers your question.
--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"
t***@lsa.umich.edu
2011-03-28 16:46:51 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Anim8rFSK
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
Interesting. I never knew that before now.
Yeah. Schulz gave an interview when he knew he was dying and said there
wouldn't be any more specials after he was gone, and Melendez, who was
there, said he'd go on making 'em anyway. Rat bastard.
What's your source for this information? It doesn't ring true to me.

No TV specials can be produced without the consent of the Schulz family,
including Jeannie Schulz, Craig Schulz, etc. If Sparky had been adamant
about having no TV specials (as he was about the strip itself) after his
death, I'm sure the Schulz family would be enforcing that wish.

There were other things that Schulz wasn't crazy about, such as having his
early strips republished and having a museum built, but he didn't express
categorical opposition to them, so I don't think that the decision to
override those preferences after his death is such a terrible thing.
--
Tim Chow tchow-at-alum-dot-mit-dot-edu
The range of our projectiles---even ... the artillery---however great, will
the center of the earth. ---Galileo, Dialogues Concerning Two New Sciences
Oberon
2011-03-29 01:27:29 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
I wish it wasn't true, but it is true apparently. It's being released
tomorrow on DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/Happiness-Warm-Blanket-Charlie-Brown/dp/B004H83IIM

As much as I have always loved and will always love Peanuts and the
fact that the child in me died when Mr Schulz died, this is horrible.
Melendez should fry in hell for what he is doing.
t***@lsa.umich.edu
2011-03-29 02:26:51 UTC
Post by Oberon
I wish it wasn't true, but it is true apparently. It's being released
tomorrow on DVD.
http://www.amazon.com/Happiness-Warm-Blanket-Charlie-Brown/dp/B004H83IIM
As much as I have always loved and will always love Peanuts and the
fact that the child in me died when Mr Schulz died, this is horrible.
Melendez should fry in hell for what he is doing.
When you say "it is true," what exactly is true? That new Peanuts specials
are being released? That's not news. "It's the Pied Piper, Charlie Brown"
was the first one to be released after Schulz's death.

What I was asking about was whether the details of the interview in which
Melendez allegedly scorned Schulz to his face were true.
Jim Ellwanger
2011-03-29 13:50:43 UTC
In article
Post by Oberon
Melendez should fry in hell for what he is doing.
Given that Bill Melendez died in 2008, I don't think you have the right
verb tense there.
--
Jim Ellwanger <***@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv> welcomes you daily.
"The days turn into nights; at night, you hear the trains."
t***@lsa.umich.edu
2011-03-29 16:50:05 UTC
In article <usenet-***@usnews.blocknews.net>,
Jim Ellwanger <***@ellwanger.tv> wrote:
<In article
<<2a7de0e5-d072-495f-9b8f-***@k3g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,
< Oberon <***@gmail.com> wrote:
<
<> Melendez should fry in hell for what he is doing.
<
<Given that Bill Melendez died in 2008, I don't think you have the right
<verb tense there.

Oberon will presumably be happy to fry Jeannie Schulz and the rest of
the Schulz family in his stead.
Covenant
2011-03-29 17:22:36 UTC
Post by t***@lsa.umich.edu
<In article
<
<> Melendez should fry in hell for what he is doing.
<
<Given that Bill Melendez died in 2008, I don't think you have the right
<verb tense there.
Oberon will presumably be happy to fry Jeannie Schulz and the rest of
the Schulz family in his stead.
Hi Tim,
Given that you are getting no responses to your quite correct assertions, I
think its safe to say we are witnessing the lost *art* of trolling raising
its head...

Meh.
--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
Adam H. Kerman
2011-03-28 02:22:18 UTC
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March
http://youtu.be/yC2v0i0uaAI
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
Too bad Schulz didn't stop them after the first few were made. They
rather lost their charm after a while.
Ubiquitous
2011-03-28 09:34:56 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Anim8rFSK
Post by Ubiquitous
The official trailer for "Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown!"
An all-new Peanuts special! Coming sometime in March
http://youtu.be/yC2v0i0uaAI
Too bad. Schulz wanted the specials to die with him, and Melendez
stabbed a dying guy that thought he was a friend in the back. Rot in
Hell, Melendez
Too bad Schulz didn't stop them after the first few were made. They
rather lost their charm after a while.
I found some reviews of his worse two specials.